Headlines News :
Home » » Bassey donates N.1M to Eaglets Technical Crew

Bassey donates N.1M to Eaglets Technical Crew

Written By sportsweight.blogspot.com on Monday, September 10, 2012 | 12:30 AM

Still relishing the ‘New Nigeria Golden Eaglets’ 4-1 demolition of Junior Menas of Niger at the weekend, Etubom Paul Bassey, foremost Nigeria’s sports journalist has made a donation of One Hundred Thousand Naira to the team’s technical crew.

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) Match Commissioner and General Coordinator, said his ‘widows mite’ was borne out of the fact that the players would not have raised their game to such an excellent level without conscious coaching guidance.

Bassey who spoke to the players in the dressing room, noted that there is indeed hope for Nigerian football if these players are nurtured, begging the technical crew to keep them focussed on the main goal of being good players and a responsible citizen.

“When I heard that you were beating local teams 9-0, 7-0 6-0 in Calabar, I was not impressed,” he said. “Dr. Ikpeme said to me that we have a good team but my response was that I was not impressed.

“But when you played Rwanda and won convincingly, I said maybe because that was your first real test, you had to roll out the tank to kill Rwanda. My mind was a bit at rest but today, you made me so happy.” Bassey noted that his happiness was not borne out of the fact that the Golden Eaglets scored four goals but their compelling display. Said he:

“I have watched football all my life and I can’t count the numbers but today, I saw my best game ever. I saw a team that played like a family. I saw young boys who were enjoying themselves but please, don’t carry this into your heads.

Even if you had won 2-1 today, it would have been immaterial because I didn’t come to see the score line. I came to watch a team that has a future and I’m thoroughly impressed. This is just the beginning for you. I’m so happy with all of you. I’m happy that I’m part of this delegation to Niamey.”

 The morning after the game, Bassey announced his cash gift to the technical crew saying: “I’m so happy with what you people are doing, please keep it up.” Expectedly, members of the technical crew collectively thanked him, promising not to let Nigerians down.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Football News

TABLE TENNIS NEWS

Sample text

...sport mixed passion

About Me

My Photo
A sports correspondent whose love for sports is second to none. And my desire is to have a peaceful world.You can contact me on yinkafmhall@yahoo.com or +2348023953954

Visitors

bet9ja

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Update With Yinka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger