Headlines News :
Home » » CCSF Organises Taekwondo Training Workshop.

CCSF Organises Taekwondo Training Workshop.

Written By sportsweight.blogspot.com on Monday, September 3, 2012 | 12:41 AM



18 athletes from six states including Federal Capital Territory, Abuja featured in the four-day Chika Chukwumerije Sports Foundation (CCSF) taekwondo training workshop for Under-20 athletes held at the Korean Cultural Centre in Abuja.

 The third edition of the exercise had top three resources person including the founder of the foundation and Team Nigeria captain to the London Olympics, Chika Chukwumerije.

 Two-time All Africa Games gold medallist, Margret Achibi; Head of Physiotherapist, National Sports Commission (NSC) Oladipo Odunuga and two time British champion, Martins Obiorah enlightened the participants at the event.

According to Achibi, the workshop has helped the athletes to learn new skills in the sport, while also preparing their minds for major challenges as athletes.

 For 12-year-old Happy Aigbozoma of Edo State, taking part in the workshop has indeed been worthwhile, following the knowledge he acquired during the exercise.

 “I am excited been part of the workshop because meeting with an Olympian like Chukwumerije has given me confidence that with hard work and dedication I can achieve my dream in the game.

Also I now know that I must not allow my education to suffer even while I am involved in the sport. For me, I am going back to Benin a better person,” the junior class three student of Benin-based Continental Group of Schools.

 19-year-old Blessing Aromeh of Kogi, it was indeed a privilege being part of the workshop, as the feat achieved by Chukwumerije in the sport has given her hope.

“For me it is indeed a privilege taking part in the workshop especially meeting someone like Chukwumerije who has helped to popularise the sport not only in Nigeria but in Africa. What he has done for the sport has made it to be accepted in the country.

 I love everything we were taught and I hope to practicalise it when I get to my base,” Aromeh said. For the Beijing Olympics bronze medallist, this year’s workshop has been inspiring considering the pedigree of resource persons that were part of the event.

 “I think this year has been an improvement from the two editions we had because we have quality resource persons like Mr Odunuga, who advice the athletes on nutrition and injury management and he also counselled them not to falsify their ages so as to help medical personnel to analyse more accurately the nature of their injuries.

Obiorah and Achibi, who were successful athletes and also doing well after quitting the sport were also part of the workshop to motivate and inspire them to aim high in life. I believe bringing people of this status will help the athletes to know that there is life after quitting active sports.

Also, the athletes made use of the electronic system (Daedo) to train and also compete, while they were also tutored on the techniques by the Korean national Olympics coach, Master Sihwan Keum.

This alone added new dimension to the workshop this year and we hope to be improving every year,” Chukwumerije said. Taekwondo equipment and souvenirs were also given to the athletes by the organisers.
The event was also supported by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), makers of Ribena and Lucozade Sport
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Football News

TABLE TENNIS NEWS

Sample text

...sport mixed passion

About Me

My Photo
A sports correspondent whose love for sports is second to none. And my desire is to have a peaceful world.You can contact me on yinkafmhall@yahoo.com or +2348023953954

Visitors

bet9ja

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Update With Yinka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger