Headlines News :
Home » » Nigerian Tekwondo Player,Abdulrahman Defeat African Champion, Ismael Coulibaly.

Nigerian Tekwondo Player,Abdulrahman Defeat African Champion, Ismael Coulibaly.

Written By sportsweight.blogspot.com on Sunday, October 20, 2013 | 11:39 PM

Nigerian Taekwondoist, Abdul Abdulrahman,on Sunday defeated African Champion, Ismael Coulibaly of Mali, in the quarter final of the men's minus 80 kilogramme in the second at the Chika Chukwumerije Sports Foundation, CCSF, International Taekwondo Open holding in Abuja.

 From the first round the Nigerian led the Malian and this thrilled the fans at the Ladi Kwali Hall of Sheraton Hotel, venue of the championship. To end the dream of the Malian, Abdulrahman won the three round encounter at 9-6 to berth in the last four of the championship. An elated Abdulrahman said he was happy winning the bout but was ready to crush every opponent he faces on his way to final.

 "I am not scared of any opponent even though I knew he was the African champion but for me I just do my best to come out victory. I give him respect because it is not easy to become African champion but for me title does not win fight.

I look forward to battle anyone enroute the final," he said. Similarly, Zamfara's Ahmed picked gold in the men's -58kg after beating Nigerian Immigration's Ilya Usman.

 Chiamaka Onumonu beat Esther Uzoukwu in the women's -67kg while NSCDC's Chinazum Nwosu beat Imo's Chinyere Nwazie in the -57kg.

 Hamed who had beaten tournament's favourite, Borno's Hussein Usman in the first round was in superb form in the men's -58kg against Nigerian Immigration's Ilya Usman. After playing 3-3 after the third round, the match had to go into sudden death with Ahmed having the upper hand to be awarded the victory in the encounter.

 An elated Ahmed said that he was happy claiming the title at his second attempt in the competition. "Last year I lost out in the quarterfinal but this year I was determined especially having beaten Borno's Usman in the first round. It was a well deserve win for me because I trained hard.

My toughest match was against Borno's Usman who is one of the best fighters in the weight category. I am happy and I give thanks to Gold," Ahmed said. However, a disappointed Usman, who had to settle for silver. said he was happy in defeat as his dream ended in the round of 16 at the CCSF maiden edition in 2012.

 "I actually came with the intention of claiming the gold but winning silver is also a plus to me having been edged out in the last 16 last year. I am happy and I accept the defeat in good faith," the Immigration officer said.

 More than 300 athletes took part in the N2.8m prize money tournament with West Africa countries like Mali, Gabon, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Togo among others participating.

 The two-day championship was attended by 24 states across Nigeria as well as the Nigerian Police, Army and Navy competing. Eight events were competed for in the male and female categories.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Football News

TABLE TENNIS NEWS

Sample text

...sport mixed passion

About Me

My Photo
A sports correspondent whose love for sports is second to none. And my desire is to have a peaceful world.You can contact me on yinkafmhall@yahoo.com or +2348023953954

Visitors

bet9ja

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Update With Yinka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger