Headlines News :
Home » » Siasia: My Boys Are Miracle Workers

Siasia: My Boys Are Miracle Workers

Written By sportsweight.blogspot.com on Saturday, August 6, 2016 | 3:02 AM


Head coach of Nigeria's Olympic Team, Samson Siasia, has described the performance of his players in the opening match of the football event of Rio Olympic that ended five- four in favour of Nigeria barely five hours after arriving Manaus as a miracle.

Siasia said this during the post match press conference at the Amazonia Stadium, Manaus.

"I just can't describe what happened today. My boys defied science to win this game; what gave us this game was the mental toughness of the boys. For a team not to train for two days and put up this type of performance is a miracle. You know that when players are tired they tend to lose focus. That is why we conceded four goals. For now, all I can say is I just want to go and savour this victory with my players."

On his plan for the next game, Coach Siasia said: "We just won a game, we can't and won't allow this victory get into our heads. Our target here is to win the gold and this is just the first step of us achieving that aim. No two games are the same, for me this hurdle is over, when I wake up tomorrow I will then think of my next game."

Describing the Japanese side as a good side, Siasia added: "The team we defeated is a good side; I respect them for pushing my boys to the limit."

Coach Siasia refused to speak on the issues that caused him and the team to arrive Manaus hours before the game, saying the team has put that behind them and are grateful to Delta Airlines for coming to the rescue of the team when they did.

Describing the nine -goal session as a spectacle, the 2008 Olympics silver –winning coach said: “I knew that towards the end of the game my boys were tired and barely managed to hang on. I will not blame any one of them for the goals we conceded. We have put this match behind us. I hope my team sustains this great form and even step up a gear in our subsequent matches.”
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Football News

TABLE TENNIS NEWS

Sample text

...sport mixed passion

About Me

My Photo
A sports correspondent whose love for sports is second to none. And my desire is to have a peaceful world.You can contact me on yinkafmhall@yahoo.com or +2348023953954

Visitors

bet9ja

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Update With Yinka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger