Headlines News :
Home » » Quadri Eyes Portuguese Super Cup, African Singles Title.

Quadri Eyes Portuguese Super Cup, African Singles Title.

Written By sportsweight.blogspot.com on Monday, June 24, 2013 | 7:09 AM




Nigeria’s  sensational table tennis player, Aruna Quadri, has highlighted Portuguese table tennis Super Cup and the African Singles Cup title as his major priority in the game of table tennis.

Quadri, has won virtually all the laurels at stake in Portugal but the only laurel that the young Nigerian believes remains his priority is the Portuguese table tennis Super Cup, which he hopes to claim in September. 

“I am yet to win all the titles in Portugal as Portuguese Super Cup is yet to be attained and I am hoping to win it in September when we confront CP Oliveirinha.
After winning the Portuguese league title, it is not to relax as I had began preparation for the African Singles Cup holding next month.

"The Singles Cup serves as qualifiers for the Men’s World Cup. After winning it in 2009, I am hoping to win it again this year as I have always been settling for the third place in all the tournaments since 2009”, he said.

The GD Toledos star, who surrender the African title to Egypt’s Ahmed Saleh in 2010, is also aiming to reclaim the African Singles Cup title when this year’s edition holds in Congo Brazzaville.

“I am seriously hungry for titles as I have not made serious impact in Africa and I pray to succeed this time and shock all the Egyptians like I did in 2009. I know it's a difficult task but it is possible to achieve with prayer and hard work.”

The Oyo State- born table tennis star, who is hungry for titles and also want to place his name in the Hall of Fame, said he would work hard and pray to repeat similar where he outplayed the Egytians in the African Table Tennis Championship in 2009, adding that he had begun active preparations ahead of the competition which pre-requisite to the Men's World Cup.

“It is true that I am yet to make serious impact in Africa since I joined the national team in 2007, but I have always been giving in my 100 per cent best and I pray to have my second African title in Congo Brazzaville early next month. I have been preparing hard for it, and I am not preparing for the Egyptians alone but for all North African players and the rest of Africa,” he said.

Admitting that his performance is yet to yield him more recognition in the continent, Quadri,said he was not afraid of the Egyptian table tennis players since he had beaten them in previous African championships, adding that he would give best to make Nigeria proud at the African Table Tennis Championship.

The table tennis player who attributed the success with GD Toledos to the huge support they got from the management of the team, said lifting the Portuguese league trophy in his third season in the league remains on the most cherished moments.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Football News

TABLE TENNIS NEWS

Sample text

...sport mixed passion

About Me

My Photo
A sports correspondent whose love for sports is second to none. And my desire is to have a peaceful world.You can contact me on yinkafmhall@yahoo.com or +2348023953954

Visitors

bet9ja

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Update With Yinka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger