Headlines News :
Home » » CBN Tennis Serves-off With 200 players

CBN Tennis Serves-off With 200 players

Written By sportsweight.blogspot.com on Friday, May 9, 2014 | 12:05 AM

CBN Tennis serves-off with 200 players
The 36th Central Bank of Nigeria Tennis Open Championship will officially get underway today with the qualifying round of matches.
Secretary General of the Nigeria Tennis Federation (NTF) Gloria Ekwempu informed that over 200 players will feature in the 14.5million prize-money event.
There will be three qualifying rounds for the men while the women will slug it out in two qualifiers before berthing into the main draw which will guarantee them a part of the prize-money.
Also, over 70 players registered for the Wheelchair Tennis, which is in its 2nd year following its incorporation to the championship in 2013. The wheel chair tennis will serve as tune up for Nigeria’s team to the forthcoming World Team Cup billed for the Netherlands later this month.
Meanwhile 2010 semi-finalist Colins Abamu has vowed to upset the formbook by emerging the champions in the 10-day event.
Abamu took a four year break from the game in pursuit of higher education and after graduating from Yaba College of Technology, the 23 year old believes he is now a better player and is primed for the top prize.
“I’m in a much better shape than I was the last time I played the CBN. I know it’s getting tougher to win this competition which remains a dream for all Nigerian players but I remain confidence that I can be the champion this year. There is no pressure on me I just want to have fun and I know that could do the magic,” stated the big-serving player, who lost 6-4, 3-6, 6-4 to Shehu Lawal in a gruelling semi-final clash in 2010.
The winners of the men and women’s singles will pocket N700, 000 each while finalists in both categories will get N500, 000.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Football News

TABLE TENNIS NEWS

Sample text

...sport mixed passion

About Me

My Photo
A sports correspondent whose love for sports is second to none. And my desire is to have a peaceful world.You can contact me on yinkafmhall@yahoo.com or +2348023953954

Visitors

bet9ja

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Update With Yinka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger