Headlines News :
Home » » GOtv Boxing Night 8: My Plans For N1m Cash Prize - Skoro

GOtv Boxing Night 8: My Plans For N1m Cash Prize - Skoro

Written By sportsweight.blogspot.com on Saturday, August 6, 2016 | 10:48 AM








Winner of the One million naira cash prize at GOtv Boxing Night 8,Waidi “Skoro” Usman,  has disclosed what he plans to do with the money.

Speaking after receiving his cheque from Flykite Promotions, organisers of the event, the national featherweight champion said he plans to use part of the money for business and invest some in the purchase of kits needed.

“I am happy I won. I want to put a little aside and spent it on a business that will fetch me money. I will also buy some equipment I need. One million naira is a lot of money. I thank the sponsors for making this possible. This is a big encouragement to boxers and I intend to make judicious use of the money,” he said.

Skoro, who lost a bid for the African title last December, put up a strong showing in his challenge bout against David “Lucky Boy” Ekpeyong during GOtv Boxing Night 8, which held at the National Stadium, Lagos, July 30.

Recalling the fight, Skoro said he trained well after the disappointment of the African title loss and was minded to compensate his supporters, who came out in large numbers to cheer him.

“I did it for them and I am happy I was able to put smiles on their faces after disappointing them in December,” he said.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Football News

TABLE TENNIS NEWS

Sample text

...sport mixed passion

About Me

My Photo
A sports correspondent whose love for sports is second to none. And my desire is to have a peaceful world.You can contact me on yinkafmhall@yahoo.com or +2348023953954

Visitors

bet9ja

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Update With Yinka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger