Headlines News :
Home » » I Respect Segun Toriola A Lot,Omar Asaar.

I Respect Segun Toriola A Lot,Omar Asaar.

Written By sportsweight.blogspot.com on Tuesday, September 3, 2013 | 1:42 AM

Omar Asaar.



The sports-hall of Molade Okoya-Thomas, Teslim Balogun Stadium, was frenzy when Egyptian and African number two, Omar, Assar, emerged winner of the first Lagos international Table Tennis Classic after defeating Segun Toriola by four sets to two.
" I am happy that I became the champion of this tournament and it will go  down in history and for me I am so excited coming to Nigeria to win the  title. "I thank the ATTF President, Khaled El-Salhy for facilitating my participation in the tournament. I enjoyede my stay in Nigeria and I  hope to come back next year and also meet Toriola in the final."
Assar, who contended with many Nigerian table tennis players before playing against Nigerian Olympian, Segun toriola, in the final, started the game on a bright note with a two straight set win, 11-9, 11-4, as the victory challenged Toriola to fight hard.
Toriola, whose quest of retaining the African Men’s Singles title for ten years was shattered after the ninth year on the throne, fought back to win the third-fourth sets, 15-13, 11-6, to make it uncomfortable for Assar who has been tipped to win the five thousand dollars cash prize attached to it.
Determined to win the competition, Assar changed his style of play knowing that Toriola is one of outstanding Nigerian ping pongers who has vast experience in table tennis and the move pave the way for him as he picked the last two sets, 11-4, 11-9, to make it 4-2, in the best of seven games.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Football News

TABLE TENNIS NEWS

Sample text

...sport mixed passion

About Me

My Photo
A sports correspondent whose love for sports is second to none. And my desire is to have a peaceful world.You can contact me on yinkafmhall@yahoo.com or +2348023953954

Visitors

bet9ja

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Sports Update With Yinka - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger